NYC is the meeting place of the United Nations, a group of wildly diverse countries working together to keep this planet alive. This September, it will also be the home of our 40th Anniversary RHPS Transylvanian Convention, a meeting of the diversely wild casts dedicated to the message of the Rocky Horror Picture Show, and keeping the fandom alive! We'd like to show everyone just how many casts make up our community! Consider this a call to action; we want cast banners to hang around the main convention ballroom from as many casts as possible as we celebrate the future of the movie we all love!
EVEN IF YOU OR YOUR CAST CANNOT ATTEND, you can still participate in this momentous event by having your cast's banner proudly displayed for all to see, living on in epic memories, photography, and video!
- Cast banners should include the name of the cast (currently performing, on hiatus, defunct, whatever!), logo, motto, whatever!
- Cast banners should be ROUGHLY 5 feet by 3 feet, but variation is welcome.
- While we will treat the banners with care, we will not be able to guarantee that they will not be damaged in hanging.
- If you are not able to make it to the convention, but would like your banner displayed at RHPS40, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to receive an address to send them to.
Trivia & Word Games
Compete throughout the weekend in a variety of games that will test your knowledge of Rocky Horror and Cult Movie trivia. Then get set for the final round where each games winner will face off to be crowned champion.
Rocky Horror Museum
Enjoy seeing some pieces of Rocky Horror and Shock Treatment history. On display will be original costume pieces, concept art by Sue Blane, rare merchandise, and more. Do you have something you would like to donate to the museum display? Send an email to email@example.com with “Museum” in the subject line.
Rocky Horror Art Show
Submit your artwork to be a part of our Rocky Horror gallery. To enter the art show, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with a brief description of your piece, including size. Artists interested in selling their piece may display a price and will be responsible for handling the sale. We will attempt to secure various methods of display, but to be safe, please bring means to hang your work on a drape or stand alone.
Professional Photography by Ryan Greene
Feel like you're on the red carpet when you look your best. On Friday night between Shock Treatment and The Grand Time Warp ball, and Saturday night before Rocky Horror, you'll have the opportunity to get some photos in our portrait studio. Photos will be posted on this website after the convention.
The following vendors are confirmed for RHPS40. Vendor tables are still for sale, and can be purchased here: http://www.rhps40.com/vendors/
- Edge Creations
- Epyon5 and Katrina Catizone: Epyon5 is an artist from the Midwest who specializes in the depiction of pop culture artwork through the contemporary medium of stencils and spray paint. Katrina Catizone is a trained oil painter who has transitioned into the use of charcoal to depict highly detailed portraits of classic and contemporary icons.
- Actual Film Votive: A single frame of film, from a Hollywood motion picture, is embedded on the side of a frosted candle votive. The flame sits right behind the film cell and gives it a new, unintended life and your own private screening.
- Columbia’s Closet: Makes costume accessories and offers DIY costume advice.
- AJ’s Repurposed Record Art
- La Creme Designs: Specializing in Rocky Horror costuming and burlesque accessories. https://www.etsy.com/shop/LaCremeDesigns
- Larry’s Junk: Grab a piece today.
- Throbbing Temple Productions: The producers of the documentary Rocky Horror Saved My Life will be offering various film-related merchandise.
- People Like Us: This photography book will be on sale at RHPS40
- Sal's Closet: Last chance to get some Rocky Horror memorabilia from Sal Piro.
- Criterion Pictures: If you are looking to book Rocky Horror or Shock Treatment at your local theatre talk to them today.
- LIPS' One Stop Rocky Horror Shop: An unique shop dedicated to Japanese Rocky Horror items. We sell rare J-Rocky stuff no one has seen before. CDs, brochures, T-shirts, flyers, even bi-lingual AP guide. Hurry up! The stock is low.